Friday, April 21, 2006

This has me thinking about religion--dammit

Sitting here pondering why people don't want to discuss 9/11 and the reasons given for banning me from Smirking Chimp and Capitol Hill Blue. The main reason? We've heard it all before.

Well, I haven't heard it all before. I've heard bits and pieces and I had my own eyes to tell me that something wasn't right over the years, but I'd never had an outlet to discuss it with anybody. Nobody cared it seemed. Not even the people closest to me. Some would say they were more worried about taking back the Senate or House so we could begin impeachment proceedings. Our government could be complicit in an act of aggression that killed 3000 of our own citizens and people won't even consider it.

In the beginning, I too was one of those who doubted the doubters. I couldn't even force myself to believe that anybody could be that uncaring, that cruel. Then Katrina happened, and I could see how the Bush administration is indeed all that. I believed that Osama was the devil...I was raised Christian (Catholic) but as I've gotten older, I've gotten more cynical. After what happened to me this past month and the realization that what is isn't, my former religion has been on my mind quite a lot.

I don't know what I'm going to say here, but I'll just come out and say it. Jesus said to beware of false prophets. All religion is suspect. Even Christianity. One need only look to Pat Robertson and pedophile priests to conclude that faith is a personal thing.

I saw this website...it probably means nothing...and at the time I found it, I just thought, whoaaa...interesting...kinda eerie...emailed it to a few people and that was that. However, in thinking back at the reception the 9/11 debate is getting on forums dedicated to ridding the country of the Bush administration, the image popped into my head again. Don't ask me why I went there. The end days, if you believe that sort of thing, sort of conjures up images of what we are seeing today. So, just as an interesting diversion from the craziness that's surrounded me and the refusal of so many to consider the unthinkable I present to you Osama on the Shroud of Turin.

Just a little twilight zone for your amusement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home